River Revival Vegreville
- Would you like to know how trees, native wildflowers and shrubs can help protect our riverbanks and even improve our water quality?
- Would you like to learn what a “riparian area” is?
- Do you like spending time outdoors, enjoying food, friends, and family?
- If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this FREE event is for you!
On June 8th from 10am – 2pm, join the North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance (NSWA), the Town of Vegreville, and the Agroforestry Woodlot Extension Society (AWES) for a River Revival in Vegreville!
- LEARN how native trees and wildflowers improve the riverbank and provide habitat for birds and pollinators. AWES and the NSWA will talk about “Eco-buffer 101”, and “What’s in Your Watershed?”
- PLANT an “eco-buffer” of seedlings at our Vegreville demonstration site. (Demonstration provided. Bring gardening gloves and a spade if you have one. Extra spades will be available.)
- CELEBRATE the enhancement of our local river site through family-friendly and kids’ activities and refreshments. (Food available for a small cost)
Event activities will start at 10am at the Vegreville Regional Museum grounds with an introduction and demonstration. Tree planting will take place in the middle of the event and kids activities will be available throughout the day.
This event is FREE–All are welcome! Help us plan for # of attendees by registering at our Eventbrite page or contact Mara at 587-525-6830 / email@example.com